The Zamia furfuracea is a low maintenance, palm-like plant that grows best in partial shade or full sun. The interesting texture of its green foliage is what gives it the common name of the Cardboard Plant.
Please use caution when handling this plant as there are tiny spines on its petioles/stalks.
What will you receive: -
Euphorbia red plant height: -12 inch
High quality Nursery pot; - size 5 inches
Planting And Care
· Keep the plant outdoor in Partial sun light.
· The soil should be well drained and fertile for growing zamia plant.
· Water the plant when the topsoil (2-3 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
· Do not ever overwater the plant.
· Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
· During the main growing season (jan- aug) feed the zamia plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
· Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
· When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
· Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
· Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
· For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.