Euphorbia milii, the crown of thorns, Christ plant, or Christ thorn, is a species of flowering plant in the spurge family Euphorbiaciae, native to Madagascar. The species name commemorates Baron Milius, once Governor of Réunion, who introduced the species to France in 1821. It is imagined that the species was introduced to the Middle East in ancient times, and legend associates it with the crown of thorns worn by Christ.
This variety of mili produces bushy flowers and is thorn less.
What will you receive: -
Euphorbia red plant height: -14 inch
High quality Nursery pot; - size 5 inches
Planting And Care
· Keep the plant outdoor in bright light.
· The soil should be well drained and fertile for growing mili plant.
· Water the plant when the topsoil (2-3 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
· Do not ever overwater the plant.
· Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
· During the main growing season (feb - may) feed the mili plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
· Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
· When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
· Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
· Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
· For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.