Croton Petra is a tropical shrub with star-shaped flowers on long stalks. The foliage of Petra is broadly oval with a pointed tip with colors that vary between pink, red, orange, yellow, and green with the veins often times being a lighter color.
This is one of the most common cultivars for both indoor and outdoor use. Croton is typically offered as an indoor plant, but can also be used outdoors as a seasonal accent plant in containers or plantings of annuals or mixed ornamentals.
What will you receive: -
Croton hybrid plant height: -14 inch
High quality Nursery pot; - size 5 inches
Planting And Care
· Keep the plant indoor and outdoor in bright light.
· The soil should be well drained and fertile for growing croton plant.
· Water the plant when the topsoil (2-3 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
· Do not ever overwater the plant.
· Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
· During the main growing season (feb - mar) feed the croton plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
· Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
· When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
· Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
· Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
· For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.