Aglaonema commutatum Silver Queen plant is a species of genus aglaonema categorized under Araceae plants family. Aglaonema is also known as Chinese evergreen. Aglaonema plants are attractive, varied, tough, drought-tolerant, low maintenance and hard to kill houseplants with colorful foliage.
· NASA recommended air purifier plant.
· Popular low maintenance plant.
· Plant for AC rooms, office desk, etc.
· Best indoor plant with colored attractive leaves.
Aglaonema silver queen plant- 12 to 14 inches
Good quality Nursery pot: - 5.5 inch
· Keep the plant indoor with bright indirect natural light or bright artifical light.
· Protect the plant from direct sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage.
· The soil should be well drained and fertile for growing aglaonema plant.
· Water the plant when the topsoil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
· Do not overwater the plant.
· Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season but do not let the plant dry out completely.
· Application of Fertilizer:-
· During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
· Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
· When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
· Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
· Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
· For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
· Do not place your plant in bright direct sunlight it can burn the leaves of plant.
· keep away from the AC Vents.
· Do not overwater the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.